Section A. Name The name of this Association shall be the Texas Association of Parents and Educators of the Deaf.
Section B. Purposes Subject to the provisions of Article 1396-2.01 of the Texas Non-Profit Corporation Act, as amended from time to time (the “Act”), the Corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, or testing for public safety purposes, or the prevention of cruelty to children or animals within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “Code”), or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law, which purposes shall include, without limitation, providing educational and charitable services to persons who are deaf or hard of hearing and to professionals who provide services to such persons. The Corporation shall be operated exclusively for such purposes, and no part of its net earnings shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to, its members, Directors, officers or any private persons, except that the Corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered by members, officers and Directors of the Corporation and members of committees of the Corporation, and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in the Articles of Incorporation. No substantial part of its activities shall be carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the Corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office. In no event shall the Corporation carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by the Corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Code or (b) by a The Corporation, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of the Code.
The purpose of the Texas Association of Parents and Educators of the Deaf shall be promoting excellence and equality for all students who are deaf/hard of hearing in Texas by:
- Providing a vehicle for parents and educators to have a collective impact for education of the deaf
- Providing a forum for parents to network, share ideas, and resources
- Promoting continued interest in the education of the deaf and hard of hearing
- Providing a statewide communication network among the membership
- Informing and educating the general public about the services and special educational needs of deaf students
- encouraging and stimulating dialogue between all disciplines, agencies and institutions that have as a common concern the welfare and education of deaf students
- seeking to advance the state of the art in education of the deaf by providing a forum in which ideas, new techniques, educational approached and issues can be discussed for a broad informational base of the Association’s members